Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On the road again...

Tomorrow, we will make the drive up to Lake County once again. It's funny because today, over my lunch break, I was thinking about the last court date. I remember the case worker saying that we wouldn't have to worry about the September court date because everything would be finalized by then. Yea...that's not the case. The longer it takes, the more and more frustrated we become. Not only because we want to get things finalized and move on with our lives...but because we were told when we brought Landon home that it would be a short process and we should be finalized by the beginning of summer. It's just frustrating...

So very frustrating.

And I know there's nothing we can do about it, but it still bothers me. I don't like not having control. I wouldn't change this whole experience for the world, though. Landon is worth every headache, heartache, and frustration. He can always put a smile on our face. He always puts me in a good mood. My day always seems to get better when I want into daycare and he sees me. His face lights up, as does mine. I can't remember life before him. And I can't imagine life without him. He's amazing.

I feel truly blessed that God chose us to be his parents. I also pray regularly for his bio-mom for the very unselfish decision that she had to make almost 8 months ago. I pray that she knows he's being taken care of...and by her making that decision to leave...she made our dreams come true. There aren't words to express the gift she has given me.

I love that little boy with all my heart.

Oh, and by the way, a huge thank you to my boys for breaking into my blogger account. You put a huge smile on this girls face. Love you both so very much. I feel so blessed to be loved so much by Blaine and Landon.

No comments: